Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Come with me for Christmas coffee


I have invited you all, and we are now standing here outside, the snow is still falling and we are waiting for everyone to show up. Some of you are freezing but that makes it even more cozier when we open the door and get in to this cafe, shop, Museum or whatever you will call it.


It's a bit cramped but that makes the atmosphere even warmer among us. We are talking and admiring all the ornaments and other antique objects. Some of them for sale and others only to look at.


As usual I'm to shy to ask the women who works here if It's possible that I could take some photos for my blog. But than Nelle persuades me to do it. "I've done it so many times and they usually permit it", she tells me.

And it works! I ask and got a "Yes, please, take photos if you want." I feel very relieved, and very brave. I also turn around and my eyes send a thank-you-message to Nelle who watches me and gives me her wonderful smile.
Deidra admire the Mother and Child statue and Bart wonder if he is going to by that candlestick.

All of us find some Christmas presents, I think Jill and Barbara both fell for these vases and JMW finds some toys for her children.


Now it's time to sit down and have our coffee and choose between the cakes and cookies. The snow is falling outside the window and we are sitting here talking about life, Christmas, fashion, children, parents, food, recipes, writing ...


When we are supposed to leave the place the woman who works here ask for the name of my blog and tells me that she also has one. She doesn't write so much but she sometimes posts some photos from the shop.


Outside it's dark and the full moon looks at us behind the snowy sky and sees how we hug and wish each other a Merry Christmas before we leave the place.



8 comments:

Nelle Somerville said...

What a wonderful place Ella! Thanks for the invitation. Big hugs! Nelle

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

OH Ella! WHAT FUN! I should like to join you for a coffee there FOR SURE! Wouldn't that be amazing?!?!?

And Nelle, you are a GOOD friend encouraging these wonderful photos!

Merry Christmas to you and each of your family. MANY, many blessings!

Jill

JMW said...

Ella, what a wonderful idea, to host a virtual get-together for coffee and shopping! What a great post - I certainly wish I could visit you, and such a nice little shop, in person. It looks so cozy and inviting. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family!

Deidra said...

This was beautiful. And so much fun to see my name here. I'd like nothing more than one day to sit with you and share a cup of tea in a cozy room one winter evening. So glad to have "met" you this year!

Merry Christmas!

Bart Boehlert said...

Ella, what a sweet idea! I think that candlestick is very good indeed. And it looks cozy there, with lots of snow outside.
Merry Christmas to you and yours –
Warm wishes,
Bart

Ella said...

I can't tell you how thankful I am that you all enjoyed this virtual meeting. That was a wonderful and real Christmas gift.

Ella

Nelle Somerville said...

Ella you will never believe this but Bart and I have a friend in common. Bart, Richard's daughter Jitan is my cousin Lucy's best friend! Now that is a small, small world. Merry Christmas to you all.

Ella said...

Yes, sometimes the world is very small indeed.
I guess you and Bart would have figure out that connection when we were having coffee together at the Cafe......
Best Wishes