Sunday, March 20, 2011

My Sleeping Beauty - The Clematis




It's hard to believe that all this snow will be gone in seven weeks and that the clematis will be awakened like The Sleeping Beauty. I also hope that I soon will get on my bike and ride it to my work. It takes about 40 minutes to get there but if the weather is good it's a very nice way to start the day with this trip to work.



At dinner time my husband and I finally got out on our skis after a sunny Sunday inside, taking care of the house. But now when the evenings are light there are no problem and this little trip felt like a reward after that cleaning and washing earlier.

Well it's also a very nice reward to look around in the house and feel the clean scent in the different rooms.

3 comments:

Deidra said...

That makes me think about my clematis. Last year, at the very last moment, that plant pushed out about three or four lovely purple blooms. Shortly after that, the snow fell. But those blooms held on - unwilling to give way to winter.

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

I love clematis Ella! So beautiful. You will have to photograph yours when it is green and blooming.
Your bicycle ride to work sounds great.

I love to ride bicycles. AND, with the price of gasoline it is a VERY good idea!( do you have outrageous prices as well?)

Ella said...

Deidra and Jill, I will think about you this summer when I watch my clematis and I promise to take a photo.