Saturday, May 12, 2012

My cold and Ally


Snow is almost gone and the grass gets greener every day, but I have had a cold this week and mostly been inside feeling sorry for myself. I have been able to do some housework but after a while I have ended in the sofa watching Ally Mc Beal. I was totally obsessed of that show ten years ago. Have thought about it very much,  what was it that fascinated me so much. I guess it was many things but first of all the crazy humor. I also think that it represented a kind of lifestyle that was so far from my own and nothing I dreamed about to achieve but even though I could dream away with. I hope you understand the difference. I have three seasons of it on DVD and when I get ill with cold or fever I take my Ally Mc Beal and watch it for hours.

Today I forced myself to get out of the house to take a breath and also the camera. Both the fresh air and the small signs of a upcoming season made me feel better. But I'm still not ready with Ally for this time...

6 comments:

patty said...

Oh, Ella, I haven't even thought about that show in a very long time. It's nice today that we can still go back and access shows from long ago! Sounds like the perfect "comfort food" for your illness. Hope you are feeling better!!
XOX

joyce said...

I used to love that show too...cracked me up everytime...I even have a CD that has a dancing baby on the cover that really dances!
HOpe you feel better soon and can get out and enjoy the green.

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

OH Ella, I hope by the time you read this you are feeling better!

Ally McBeal? I have not seen that in years! I might have to re-visit it sometime soon as well!!!

FEEL BETTER!

Anonymous said...

oh i am sorry to read this ... hoping you are felling better soon. hugs are being sent from across the miles.

JMW said...

Hope you feel better soon! Glad you have a diversion with Ally McBeal to take your mind off your cold. Love your new blog header, by the way!

Ms. Becky said...

Hi Ella
Sorry to learn you've had a cold. I know what you mean about feeling sorry for yourself - I'm the worst patient and moan and groan when I get sick. A while back I discovered that Alley McBeal was available to watch on my Roku (Netflix streaming on my T.V.). When it was airing years ago I loved it and never missed a show. When I watched it recently I still liked it but not as much. I attribute this to "getting older" and it once appealed to me more because I was closer to her age at that time. She was goofy alright and the show was good for lots of laughs. That actress who played Alley has recently been in another show - Brothers and Sisters. Sally Fields plays her mother. I'm not certain if it is still airing. Your photo collage of May sights is beautiful. I hope you're all better now Ella. happy day to you.