Saturday, January 14, 2012

Snow and tulips


Much snow the last weeks and it isn't easy to ride the bike now
but there are many people here that does it anyway. Some of them
just change to studded tires.


White snow, or is it blue? 
A withe wall,or is it yellow?
But the sun was shining from the blue sky even if it just
came up over the tree tops.


The river is struggling for being open but the ice is covering it
more and more.


The snow mobiles makes trodden paths which makes it easier for
walking and skiing in the nature. 


I wasn't out very for a long today, had to devote the house
and all the Christmas stuff a lot of time... 

and the Christmas tree went out and  the nails fell like a 
hailstorm, but the reward for all cleaning came later when I bought 


these tulips!

5 comments:

Ms. Becky said...

I love your world. the winter white is very beautiful and awakens my heart. I've not loved the season in the past as I do in these later years of my life. I see the stillness and peace it offers and find it the most enjoyable of all seasons. you capture it so beautifully Ella. and just today I drove miles out of my way to photograph a turquoise bicycle that I saw half-buried in the snow yesterday. alas, it was surrounded by cars! not a good shot, but the during the drive there it was snowing a made for a magical winter experience.
thanks for a glimpse into your world. happy weekend to you dear.

Barbara said...

Ella, It is so beautiful to view your photos from here. I am very happy we haven't had any snow yet this winter.

Love the tulips! I have some on my table, too.
b

Deidra said...

It's all so beautiful!

And...I had SO much fun chatting with you today on Facebook! Thanks so much!

Unknown said...

gorgeous gorgeous photos!!
( here via Deidra's fb share )

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

The river is just GORGEOUS! And the color of those tulips would brighten the darkest days!