Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My favorite cookie




In my workplace we gather every Thursday at 9:40 for twenty minutes and have coffee and eat a cookie or a cake that one of us have baked. This is an old tradition and everybody looks forward to it. Sometimes there are also guests who have worked with us before and now they like to come and visit us. The worst thing that could happen is that someone forgets that it's her or his week to bring the cake, it would be a disaster and everybody will be talking about this forever.... In Sweden we have a word for drinking coffee and eating a cookie and it's "fika", but I haven't found an english word for it, I'll guess that you just say: having coffee.

When it's my turn (once or twice a year) I usually do this one. It tastes very good and it only has three ingredients!

Almond paste
Egg
Cooking chocolate

And tomorrow it's Thursday so I think you can guess what my colleagues are eating when they are drinking their coffee...








No comments: