Saturday, August 9, 2014

Candy for me


Haven't been eating candy since New Years Eve as a kind of agreement with my youngest daughter. I think Sweden is the country where we eat most candy in the world per capita. So it was a bit tough in the beginning, but now I've lost that "sugar-desire" and instead I eat nuts, fruit or berries. 



Now it's the best time of the year when I can pick them in my own garden and they are completely free. The only fruits I still buy at the store are bananas.


It's the first time in my life that I also grew carrots, lettuce and beans. 


The apples are not ready yet but soon we will have plenty of them and I think we will make a kind of juice with them. We have had the hottest summer for many years. I've been sitting in the shadow of apple trees reading books and that has been a new experience for someone like me who always have adored the sun. I still do, but I prefer to be near the sea when the degrees are about 30 C/ 86 F.


Hope you also have had a wonderful summer!





1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your flower picks, Carlene...and all of your cute garden decor!
Fantastic Chair Designs for your Outdoor Garden