Friday, October 19, 2012

From one week to another


Going to work with the bike takes about 40 minutes so I have to get up quite early to be in time, and that wasn't any problem when it was as sunny and light as it was the morning when I stopped and took this photo. I really appreciate these mornings and even if I get a bit tired it also gives me energy for all I have to deal with during a day at school.

Sometimes I go by car with my husband (his working in the same direction), but with the bike hanging in the back of the car so I can take it when I go home in the afternoon. I guess that will be more common to me now as it's dark now in the mornings. But I have decided to make the bike more safe and put on the winter tires so I can handle the snow and ice....


......because that is what we have had in the beginning of this week. But now the snow is gone and I'm looking forward to a sunny day tomorrow.

Happy weekend!

3 comments:

hammondartbiz said...

And here I am complaining about our shorter, chillier days and nights. I don't know how you deal with the darkness above all.
It was great to see this post though.
b

Ms. Becky said...

I too have been contemplating the feel of darker mornings and cooler temps. I wanted it, and now that it's here, I'm not certain that I'm ready! Is it early for snow? I think the first snow is always exciting but that looks very wet and very cold. You're brave to be riding bicycle in such weather, and I admire that you have winter tires for your bike. Be safe Ella. As always, your photos are lovely. Happy week to you.

joyce said...

As I sit here and look out the window I see the snow falling, as it has almost all day. Looks weird when the leaves haven't all fallen yet. Do you really have snow tires for your bikes or did I read that wrong? My relatives all live in Holland where as you probably know, bikes outnumber people, I'll have to ask my cousin about that one!