Thursday, September 15, 2011

Too much of apples



There are very much of apples in my garden now. We're eating them all the time and also bought a juicer  so we can drink them, but I'm afraid that many of them will be left as they are difficult to save. Some years ago we tried to dry them but it was very much work with it and you have to have place for it. But I haven't made any pie yet which is very good with the kind of apples we got.  I'm also going to fill some boxes and take the apples to work and give them to my colleagues (if there are anyone who wants them...) 




6 comments:

Ms. Becky said...

that IS a whole lot of apples. when we can find apples where the trees haven't been sprayed with pesticides, that's a good thing. have you tried a dehydrator? they would keep that way I believe. your trees are lovely. happy day to you Ella!

Nelle Somerville said...

We have one tree and all the apples fell and turned red. Next year I will pick them green and let them ripen in a paper bag. I'm sure your pie would be delicious Ella!

ML said...

We have also only one apple-tree, but this year it collapses nearly so much apples are growing on it. I am baking apple-pies, I desiccate the apples and the rest of it I bring to the cidery. The juice afterwards is "ripening" to vinegar in my cellar. So, I have my own vinegar already over the last 8 years.
Delicious.

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

That bench is just gorgeous Ella. Apples....yum! I enjoy them in any way! A pie sounds wonderful...especially made with FRESH apples! Enjoy!

Do you know the popular English saying? "An apple a day keeps the doctor away." Happy HEALTHY eating!

patty said...

Apples are wonderful and at least they do last a lot longer than some of the other fruits, especially in the fridge. Apple pie, applesauce, apple muffins... lots of ways to use them!!

JMW said...

This makes me long for freshly-baked apple pie!