Sunday, June 10, 2012

Violence in the garden


I love them......but I have to kill them, my sweet little suns on the ground! The grass has got so much of water lately so it's growing too fast and I'm glad that we had a sunny Saturday morning so I could go out with the "killingmachine" and cut the grass. During my work with the noisy, gasoline consumer my daughter walked around and "saved" some of the Dandelions. She made a long wreath that her childish mother just had to play with later and take a selfie and jest with herself. Yes, the one on the header.

By the way, when I was in this destroying and violent mood I also killed some rhubarbs so we could eat them for lunch....

Looking forward to a peaceful Sunday!



2 comments:

Ms. Becky said...

first thing I noticed was the lovely photo of you wearing the dandelion wreath. I like how playful you became with the killing of the little suns on the ground. I used to make Dandelion wine every spring, it's a German tradition in my family and the Dandelion is a cleansing herb, but most people think of it as a weed. Your rhubarb is very healthy looking. My own is needing some TLC I believe but I recently planted three new plants so that my supply will increase in a few years. I'm curious as to how you fixed yours for lunch. Happy week to you Ella.

joyce said...

Love the dandelion crown photo...goes perfect with your blog title! What program do you use to create those mosaics?